While on our dairy-free trial, I have decided to give homemade coconut milk another go.
After 4 failed recipes – surprisingly from some really popular blogs -, I gave up and decided to create my own version. It is exactly what I was looking for. Decadent, milky, and perfect for our favorite drinks.
Don’t know what to do with coconut milk?
Try these delectable recipes
MDA’s Turmeric Tea (my current favorite treat and joint inflammation remedy)
Get the coconut flakes I use here. (affiliate link)
Thick and creamy coconut milk is perfect for adding to dessert recipes, pouring over fresh fruit, or creating decadent drinks. You can even pour over ice and enjoy a cold glass of coconut milk straight up.
- 4 cups of coconut flakes
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of unrefined salt
- Bring coconut flakes, water, and salt to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Steep for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into blender and blend for 5 minutes.
- Strain through fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within the week.
- Note: Shake to redistribute oils after settling.
With the leftover coconut pulp, you can make my popular egg-free Paleo Silky Banana Bread Bites.