We have a winner for the Mountain Rose Herbs Epicurean Seasoning Blends giveaway! And the winner is…
*** Laura P. ***
Thank you very much to everyone who participated and showed their support for Proposition 37!
Proposition 37, The Vote Draws Near
The vote for Prop 37 in California is in 2 days and greatly affects the future of our food. It not only requires the labeling of all genetically-modified foods in groceries (pretty much no labeling of foods that don’t carry nutrition labels like restaurant food).
If you are one of the more than 90% of Americans who want to know what’s in your food, be proactive and spread the word! My preferred method is with a positive, understanding attitude and facts to counteract every argument against it. The whole ‘bees to honey’ mentality is much more my style.
Just the Facts Ma’am
- 61 other countries already require this labeling
- It is estimated to cost between $0.01-$0.03 per year for California residents to enact the change – most likely, companies like Monsanto will look to using non-GMO foods so they don’t have to label the foods; and that’s where their major costs will come in
- ‘Big Ag’ Corporations are the only ones fighting the new law and paying big bucks to alter our perceptions with scare tactics — they are even having to retract many of their statements and ad campaigns for outright lies
Who’s Paying for the Anti-Labeling Campaign?
- Monsanto more than $18.1 MILLION
- DuPont more than $5.4 MILLION
- Pepsi more than $2.4 MILLION
- BASF (world’s leading chemical company) $2 MILLION
- Bayer $2 MILLION
- DOW $2 MILLION
- Syngenta (specialized chemicals company which markets seeds and pesticides) $2 MILLION
- Coca-Cola more than $1.4 MILLION
- Nestle more than $1.4 MILLION
- ConAgra Foods more than $1.2 MILLION
Take a look at these for further information:
A video on the “experts” against Prop 37 by Dr. Mercola
A Child’s Perspective from CNN (cnn.com)
I loved this article from The New York Times (nytimes.com)
And California’s Right To Know organization who is leading the charge